MindMate Champions is designed to promote and develop evidence based best practice for SEMH skills and provision in universal settings.
It is funded by Leeds Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) with other partners such as Public Health investing staffing time. It is delivered in partnership between the Health and Wellbeing Service (H&WS) and Northpoint Wellbeing.
Following consultation with schools and Children’s Centres the programme provides:
- Free access to the SEMH section of the Healthy Schools School Health Check and action planning tool OR Children’s Centre Self Assessment Tool.
- Free validation visit and support.
- MM Friendly award and opportunity to become a MM Champion setting.
- Regular updates to MM links on the current Future in Mind Leeds (SEMH) strategy.
- Access to SEMH news and resources.
- Access to MindMate Lessons: a new and modern emotional literacy and mental health curriculum for KS1 – 4 (Launch May 2017).
Each setting will have named MindMate Links to be a point of contact. More than one member of staff will be involved in the self-evaluation and action planning and CPD elements as it is a whole school/ setting approach.
Please click here for flow charts visualising the steps within the programme for each setting.