What is MindMate Friendly?
MindMate Champions is designed to promote and develop evidence-based best practice for Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) teaching and support in early years settings, schools and colleges.
It was commissioned by Leeds Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) with other partners such as Public Health and Northpoint Wellbeing investing staffing time. It is delivered by the Health and Wellbeing Service.
There are two steps within the programme, the first step is the journey to achieving MindMate Friendly Status (stage 1), or Healthy Schools Early Years Status/Healthy Mini Minds if an early years setting.
The second stage is achieving MindMate Champion Status (stage 2), which is for schools and colleges. Teaching MindMate Lessons alongside this process can help you with both stages.
The process to achieving MindMate Friendly status helps your setting to audit your current provision, supporting your setting to create spaces where all children and young people feel safe to talk about how they feel, and staff feel confident that they can respond and signpost effectively.
Following consultation, the programme provides:
- Access to Healthy Schools SEMH quality framework with action planning tool;
- Opportunity to achieve MindMate Friendly status (or Healthy Schools Early Years/Healthy Mini Minds for Early Years);
- Opportunity to achieve MindMate Champion status (schools & post 16 only);
- Access to an ever-evolving bank of SEMH news and resources;
- Access to MindMate Lessons: an emotional literacy and mental health curriculum for KS1 – 4;
- Each setting will have two named MindMate Links to be the point of contact. More than one member of staff will be involved in the self-evaluation, action planning and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as it is a whole-setting approach.
If you are currently logged in, you can download the MindMate Friendly guidance document which goes through the process in more detail for schools and colleges.
If you are a school, college or early years setting that needs any additional support, please email us.